This workshop is suitable for girls in years 5 and 6. This 1-day workshop builds self-esteem, confidence and thoughtfulness through balance and mindfulness, public speaking, healthy eating choices and understanding your own personal values.
You can find out more, and register here.
Friday 6 July
From 9.30 am to 4.00 pm
Toorak College in Old Mornington Road
$230 for the 1-day program which covers catering, activities and all materials.
Registration in the Sunflower 1-day workshop includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. Please advise any allergies or specific dietary needs upon enrolment. Your loved ones will come home with a beautiful Bella Bag reminding them of the skills they acquired throughout the workshop.
Small class size limited to 12 girls.
Visit bellavita.org.au > Sunflower Workshop.
More information (straight from bellavita.org.au)
About the event
As your daughter progresses through her final primary years and starts to mature into a young lady, our program will impart confidence and thoughtfulness. The Sunflower workshop delivers content that will promote self-esteem in her ever-changing and challenging world.
Sunflower content and curriculum includes :
- Focusing on relaxation and balance, introduction to yoga and mindfulness, along with the importance of sleep .
- Introduction to nutrition and food choices.
- Cooking and preparing your own lunchbox.
- Public speaking including: building a lasting first impression, how to confidently introduce yourself and hold a conversation, and presenting a short speech focusing on body language, projecting your voice and making eye contact.
- Understanding thoughtful behaviour, empathy and respect.
- Gratitude — the art of being thankful for what you have and not comparing yourself to others.
Timings and inclusions:
The day commences at 9.30am, although girls may be dropped off from 9am. Working parents are welcome to utilise this service, however prior notification is required.
The day concludes at 4.00pm with the girls each receiving a beautiful Bella Bag reminding them of the skills they acquired throughout the workshop.